Monday, July 5, 2010

Ms. Darrow,
I have definitely enjoyed my experiences with this class so far. I know I had a rough start, as my current schedule makes it hard for me to do much homework during the week, but now I am, for the most part, keeping pace.
My biggest challenge so far has been the blog pages. I have no previous experience with blogging, nor do I realistically think I will be using them in the future. There were a number of assignments where I spent far more time trying to figure out the blog site than I did on the actual assignment. The more I do, however, the easier they get. I understand the individuality this gives my education, it just hasn’t been my favorite thing. I think my biggest success has been in keeping up with the class given my current class load. 13 ½ credits in 8 weeks is a little overwhelming. But I am working hard and keeping up, so this is a success for me.
I have definitely learned a lot from the texts of this class. I honestly had never given much consideration to war, and its effects on those who fight them. I have a much greater appreciation for our GI’s and Veterans. I know I will make a point of educating my daughter, when she is a little older, about the respect these soldiers and officers diserve, and what thy have done to earn it. I am grateful for this perspective, and a number of the patients I work with are Veterans, and I can better understand what they have dealt with in their lives.
I have not done much writing in my college education, aside from the prerequisite English classes for the most part. My degree focuses on the sciences and presentations are the most common projects I get. It is nice to have more of an opportunity to express my opinion as opposed to researched fact.
As far as the second semester my goal is to keep up with the pace of the class and hopefully continue to improve my grade. I would sure hate to have my 4.0 be GPA at Yavapai be tarnished. I’m sure my blogging skills will improve as I keep working on them. I am looking forward to the rest of the class, and to Margaret Atwood’s book.
Your student,
Joanna Martodam

No comments:

Post a Comment